Now that the Guide is operating at warp site speed, we’re excited to announce several new features to empower your collecting experience.
Think of them as new Infinity Stones from our gauntlet to yours.
Introducing a super-powered collection management experience that we hope will knock the socks off even the most ardent PPG’er. The new feature will be powerful enough to showcase the largest of collections, while offering multiple behind-the-scenes tools to ensure that even the busiest of collectors remain organized, efficient and attentive to the smallest details.
Here’s a look at some of our newest features…
Your “all in one” Collector Profile
Whether you’re sharing your wish list with a fellow collectors, showcasing your most prized items to the PPG community, or highlighting some items you’re ready to let go of, we believe you should own one profile that beautifully encapsulates it all.
Full disclosure? This is one of the most exciting features that we’ve ever poured our hearts into.
So without further ado, please take a peak at some test mock-ups below.
New features you can explore
Personalize your entire collection page
- Add a personalized header, favicon (the little icon that shows in the tab section), and sharing logo (shown if somebody shares your collection on Social Media)
- Add intro text, which will lead to a page with more information about you and your collection and will feature a gallery (if you want to show overall images of your collection)
Customize your display
- Create your own categories and lists, some which can be dynamically generated (like the Top 10 by Value, My Disney Princesses, etc)
- Feature different items on your home page and in general only show what you want to show as you can make duplicates and other items in your collection private)
- Take advantage of new privacy settings, so you can decide what you want to show the public and what you’d like to keep to yourself, including estimated values
- Flip between many different profile views including showing your collection, items for trade, items that you’re ready to part with, and your wish list
Securely buy and Sell straight from your profile to another
- Looking to add to your collection? Easily see what other community members are willing to part with on their profiles. If you’re looking to make a little extra cash, offer your items for sale directly from your collection (including items marked for Best Offer, but have no price).
All of your items and these features will be easily managed in a behind-the-scenes portal. The priority is to create a more mobile-friendly website with the hopes of potentially creating an app one day.
What else do you want to see in your collection manager? Let us know in the comments below!
We’re finally joining everyone else here in the 21st century and adding a Product Scanner. Now you’ll be able to quickly research automated values of items in hand, and automatically add items into your collection simply by scanning their barcodes.
Even More Pricing Data
Our catalog continues to expand daily and thanks to our PPG Pricing Squad, we’re able to add new items at a quicker rate using several key parameters such as on- and off-site transactions, collectable stats and expert opinions. More prices = better accuracy = better collection tracking.
Trading amongst your friends (and strangers)
Does a fellow collector have an elusive Pop! that you’re missing to round out your set? Need to make room for new Pop!s by trading a few of your old ones? Look no further than PPG’s new trading feature that will allow for a simplistic platform for Pop! hunting. Users will be able to easily transfer items from one collector to another, while safely communicating on our secure messaging system.
Keep an eye out for these upgrades and changes. We’ll be gradually adding them between now and mid- to late May.
Well that’s it for now awesome PPG’ers. Let us know what else you’d like to see in your perfect collection management tool in the comments. Hope y’all have a great weekend!