Hello everyone. My name is Sebastian. I am 18 years old and live in Mexico City. I have been a collector since 2013. I only look for characters I like and the ones I like the most are the video game line since I’m a Gamer. I like collecting Funko Pops so much because they give me purpose and something to wait for. Especially when the characters I like get announced for example. I’m so happy Kingdom Hearts characters are here because it is my favorite game series.
1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
I started collecting Funkos officially in 2013,thanks to my brother. He bought me a Finn, Marceline and Zombie Jake we found in a Hot Topic.
2. What was your first Funko item?
My first two Funko Pops were Batman and the Joker I bought in 2011 in a skateboard shop in a Mall in Denver,Colorado.
3. How many Funko collectibles do you own?
As for right now I have over 391 Funko Pops in my collection. I covered my whole room with shelves. I love when I get back home to see my room full of Funkos, it always makes me smile.
4. Do you have a favorite line Or a line you would like to see?
My favorite line is Games because I’m a Gamer. I like how Funko gets the transition from the characters to Pops so perfectly.
5. What are your favorite Top 5 “Must Own” items in your collection?
My top 5 must own is hard because I have many I would like to get but if I had to decide 5 they would be:
5. DJ Sona Concussive from League of legends
4. The Metallic V from SDCC
3. Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia
2. The Daryl Dixon w/ Poncho
1. The whole collection of Kingdom Hearts
6. What is your best deal/favorite find story?
It would be the first time I went to SDCC. I wanted Regina from Once Upon a Time but I didn’t get her at the booth because I didn’t get to enter the booth until the last day. Luckily looking around for one I found a store that was selling her super cheap.
7. What line are you most excited about that is yet to be released?
Well,I would like more original characters from Kingdom Hearts and more heroes from Overwatch & League of Legends. But what I would really like to see is a two pack of Titanic because Titanic is my favorite movie.
8. Do you complete sets with every variant or are you happy to just own certain Pops in a Line?
Unless it’s a show or game I really like I’m usually happy with getting only certain Pops.
9. Favorite Social Networking group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
My favorite group is one here in Mexico where I get super prices on new pops.
10. Do you collect any other types of collectibles?
Yeah mostly statues like Kotobukiyas or Play Arts Kai.
11.If you could design a Line OR add Variants to an existing Line what would you create?
I would make the police officer DVA from Overwatch and as for a new line I think I would do a movie moments from Titanic with Jack and Rose on the bow of the ship. Also the projector scene from It with a giant Pennywise coming out of the screen and two packs of the Losers club.
12. You win a contest for one single random Pop. What is the one Pop you would dread to see when you opened the box and why?
Dr Seuss or MLP. I hate Dr Seuss and My Little Pony.
13. Any advice for new collectors OR Something you wish you knew when you started collecting? Words of wisdom?
Always look with different people or stores for Pops because different stores can have different prices. Also don’t buy them for the rarity. Buy it because it makes you happy and you really like the character.
If you would like to share your collection with Funko fans around the World and tell your unique collecting story drop us a line! We are always taking admissions or nominate a fellow collector to be featured. There are lots of ways to contact us. [email protected], [email protected] OR you can contact us on Facebook at POP Price Guide. Please be sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and Fun with Funko on our Instagram @poppriceguide anytime. Happy Hunting!
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/