You’ve been wishin’ and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’ ♫ ♫ for a Marketplace…eons have passed, sixteen new Popes have been appointed (that’s a lot of white smoke), and we’re just a step away from colonizing Uranus. (hehehehehe). OK, maybe that’s all a slight exaggeration, but we promised to take our time developing this new Marketplace to ensure we’re covering all of the bases, and it’s with great excitement that we announce the next phase of our rollout. You, the good people of Pop Price Guide, now have the streamlined ability to sell your goods on the Beta PPG Marketplace, powered by our friends at hobbyDB.
Our goal is to open up a world of available items and make both buyers and sellers happy across the Funko universe. Remember, this is a work in progress, so PLEASE make sure to share your thoughts with our team so we can make sure everything is bombdiggity.
Want to sell your items? Here’s a little ditty about how to get started –
Because the marketplace is powered by hobbyDB, you will need to have a hobbyDB account in order to sell. This step is super important and it will help keep the marketplace safe and secure for all of us. So let’s get started!
Click on the List For Sale link on the item, search, or category page
– If you’re not signed in to a hobbyDB account, then you’ll be directed to the sign-in/create an account page.
– Once you login or create an account, you’ll be taken to the list item form.
– When you reach the list item form, fill in the details of your item, upload your pictures (or select the standard image), add price and postage details, and then click the “Sell this Item” button. It’s just that easy!
How much does it cost to list an item?
Nothing! We only charge a small fee when an item sells. The marketplace fee is 7% of the item cost, plus the customary PayPal fee of roughly 3%. These fees help cover the cost of maintaining the marketplace.
So you’ve sold an item, what happens next?
Cue: fist pump, high-five, and happy dance. You’ve made a sale!
Ok ok ok, now that you’ve had adequate time to celebrate, you may be thinking, what happens next? Well, it’s actually a super simple process from purchase to payday. We have dedicated Jedi who are here to ensure all transactions and interactions between buyers and sellers are easy as pie.
– You’ll receive an email with all the details you’ll need to ship your item
– Package the item and ship it directly to your customer within 2-5 business days
– Once you have a tracking number, please email it to hobbyDB’s lovely sales manager Tressa at firstname.lastname@example.org (you will soon be able to do this directly on the website because we know it’s a little bit of a pain).
– Every Wednesday you will be paid for items that have been received by your fellow PPGers.
And there will be moar. Moar! MOAR!! (And not just because Billy Idol said so.)
There will be many new features coming to the beta marketplace as we continue to get feedback from you all. Always let us know what you think is working and what isn’t at email@example.com. If you’re interested in a live demo of listing items for sale, email us and we’ll get you all set up!