My name is Brian, but you know me as Suprcel. I have been an admin here with PPG since the beginning, my main areas of work are adding new items to the guide and handling user error reports. I have a lovely geeky wife who loves collecting with me, and 3 wonderful nerdlings. My favorite part of collecting and working on PPG is seeing all the new models that are coming out. So many interesting figures from franchises that I have never heard of before.
1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
Since March 2014
2. What was your first Funko item?
Tyrion Lannister POP!
3. How many Funko collectibles do you own?
400-ish, I should really get my collection on PPG updated.
4. Do you have a favorite line or a line you would like to see?
I am a huge Game of Thrones fan, I have all of the POP! figures, many Mystery Minis,and almost all of the Dorbz.
5. What are your Top 3 “Must Own” items in your collection?
Headless Ned Stark
Complete Wizard of Oz set
Metallic Cereal Monster set
6. What is your best deal/favorite find story?
I was lucky enough to become an active collector right before the big explosion of popularity and before most of the figures were vaulted so I was able to pick up a lot of now hard to find pieces for retail pricing.
7. What line are you most excited about that is yet to be released?
My daughter is really excited to get the Captain Underpants POP! figures. My wife and I are looking forward to the Harry Potter Rock Candy set.
8. Do you complete sets with every variant or are you happy to just own certain Pops in a line?
I consider a set complete when I have at least one of each mold made. If/when I get the variants, those are just icing on the cake.
9. Favorite Social Networking group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
Reddit; r/funkopop and r/funkoswap
10. Do you collect any other type of collectibles?
I still have a large collection of Lego Minifigures and Pokemon cards, but I am no longer actively adding to those collections.
11. If you could design a line Or Add variants to an existing line what would you create?
We need more Game of Thrones. There are hundreds of characters in the show and books, and Funko has only produced 30 or so unique characters.
12. You win a contest for 1 random Pop. What is the one Pop you would dread to see when you open the box and why?
Any of the sports figures, they just don’t have any appeal to me in the least.
13. Any advice for new collectors or something you wish you’d known when you started collecting? Words of Wisdom?
Budget, Budget, Budget. And do not get into collectibles as an investment for the future. Fads come and go, what people want can change quickly and dramatically. Only collect what brings you joy and what your wallet can carry.
What made you a Funko fan? Are you a collector of Mystery Minis,Mopeez,Dorbz,Vinyls or are you strictly into Pops or Wacky Wobblers? We’d love to hear from you,share your story and give you a chance to show off your collection! If you would like to be featured in the Collector Showcase send us a message at email@example.com OR you can contact us on Facebook at POP Price Guide and make sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and fun with Funko on Instagram @poppriceguide or Twitter @PopPriceGuide anytime! We’re looking forward to sharing your unique Funko story.
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/