My name is Amber. I’ve been collecting and doing Funko customs for 2 years. Huge Harry Potter fan so that’s my go to collection. I’m a stay at home artist in California and hope to do many more Funko customs this year.
We’ve never interviewed a custom toy artist in the Collector Showcase so I’m really excited to share her work with fellow Funko fans. Amber does commission work as well as the items she has customized for her own enjoyment and collection. You can follow her on Instagram @vongeek as well as her Artist Facebook page Vongeek’s Customs.
1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
I’ve been collecting Funko on and off for about 2 years.
2. What was your first Funko item?
I think it was Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.
3. How many Funko collectibles do you own?
4. Do you have a favorite line or a line you would like to see?
My favorite is definitely Harry Potter.
5. What are your Top 5 “Must Own” items in your collection?
So hard to pick just 5 … would prolly be Snape , both Newt pops I have , Niffler, Hagrid and Luna Lovegood.
6. What is your best deal/favorite find story?
When the Vanellope Dorbz ride came out as part of the sdcc release. I wanted one so bad. Checked all the stores and couldn’t find anything. Went to Hot topic and a little kid was carrying the last one. Thankfully mom said ” No! Put it back ” and I quickly grabbed it and headed for the register lol
7. What line are you most excited about that is yet to be released?
I would love to see more Hobbit or Fantastic Beasts pop come out.
8. Do you complete sets with every variant or are you happy to just own certain Pops in a line?
Right now it’s just certain pops. But I would love to someday finished the Harry Potter sets.
9. Favorite Social Networking group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
Tie between Facebook and Instagram
10. Do you collect any other type of collectibles?
I collect Mickey Mouse vinylmation, Tsum tsums and Lucky Cats.
11. If you could design a line Or Add variants to an existing line what would you create?
Oh wow so many ideas. Of course Harry Potter .. we need a Nearly headless Nick and more of the creatures.
12. You win a contest for 1 random Pop. What is the one Pop you would dread to see when you open the box and why?
Anything DC, not a DC fan at all. lol
13. Any advice for new collectors or something you wish you’d known when you started collecting? Words of Wisdom?
Collect what you love. Don’t worry about what’s going to be worth more in the future. Just collect what makes you happy.
We’d love to share your Collection in the Collector Showcase! Drop us a line and let us know you are interested in showing off all your Funko goodies. Do you customize Pops or Dorbz? Perhaps you only collect Blue Pops? Whatever kind of collector you are we wanna hear your unique Funko story.
Send us a message at [email protected]guide.com OR on Facebook at POP Price Guide and make sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and Fun with Funko on our Instagram @poppriceguide anytime!
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/