Heya! I’m Brent, a collector from Manila. I collect Pops, Dorbz, comics, and other collectibles. I’ve been a Marvel and a DC fan since I was a child. I also customize Pops (@barecustoms on Instagram).
1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
I’ve been collecting Funko stuff since June 2014. I stopped for a while mid-2016, and even sold some of my Pops, but now I’m back at it!
2. What was your first Funko item?
My first Funko items were a non-bobblehead Buzz Lightyear Pop, a bobblehead Alien Pop, and a Donald Duck Pop. I got them for $3 each back in 2014, from a clearance sale at a mall.
3. How many Funko collectibles do you own?
I currently own 111 Funko items — Pops, Dorbz, Mystery Minis, and a Rock Candy! I actually share the collection with my girlfriend, who just got into Funko too lol.
4. Do you have a favorite line or a line you would like to see?
Yes! My favorite line is the X-Men line, and I’d like to see an X-Men movie line!
5. What are your Top 5 “Must Own” items in your collection?
I’d say (1) GITD White Phoenix, (2) White Phoenix, (3) the green Phoenix, (4) Flocked Beast, and (5) Unmasked Wolverine!
6. What is your best deal/favorite find story?
I consider my first Funko ‘haul’ as my best deal. The clearance sale had a huge wall full of Buzz Lightyears, Aliens, Donald Ducks, Minnie Mouses, Mickey Mouses, and Captain Hooks, all for $3. I was able to get one of each. After a month or so, all those Pops were pulled out, and after some more months, their values skyrocketed online.
7. What line are you most excited about that is yet to be released?
I’m so excited for that Stranger Things line for sure!
8. Do you complete sets with every variant or are you happy to just own certain Pops in a line?
I’m happy with just certain Pops in a line! Pops and Dorbz here are relatively more expensive than in the US, especially exclusives, so I just choose which ones to get.
9. Favorite Social Networking group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
I really like scrolling down my Instagram feed for Funko news. As for buying, trading, and selling, I usually check local Facebook groups such as Funko Trading Philippines, Pop! Til You Drop BST, and Philippine Funko Pop Collectors.
10. Do you collect any other type of collectibles?
Yup! I collect comics, too, as well as Jada Metals figures.
11. If you could design a line Or Add variants to an existing line what would you create?
If I could design a line, I would probably design a designer’s/artist’s line, such as a Greg Capullo line, or a Darwyn Cooke line for Batman Pops. If I were to add variants to an existing line, it would probably be All New X-Men variants, especially for Beast and Cyclops!
12. You win a contest for 1 random Pop. What is the one Pop you would dread to see when you open the box and why?
Minions! Not that I hate Minions, but there are just a lot of Minions, not just Funko products.
13. Any advice for new collectors or something you wish you’d known when you started collecting? Words of Wisdom?
Besides the saying that “buy what you want and don’t buy just to be able to sell them at a higher price in the future”, my advice is that you buy yourself things for motivation, inspiration, and as rewards for achievements. Looking forward to buying Funko Pop!s or Dorbz, or any collectible, could serve as a motivation to be able to achieve your goals. And really, buy the figures that you want — the ones that you don’t mind keeping in the shelf for long, the ones that you don’t mind not being able to sell, and the ones that you don’t mind having long enough for your future children and grandchildren to see and have.
What made you a Funko fan? Are you a Collector of Mystery Mini’s,Dorbz or are you strictly into Pops or Wacky Wobblers? We’d love to hear from you,share your story and give you a chance to show off your collection! If you would like to be featured in the Collector Showcase send us a message at [email protected] OR you can contact us on Facebook at POP Price Guide and make sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and Fun with Funko on our Instagram @poppriceguide anytime! We’re looking forward to sharing your unique Funko story.
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/