Funko Launches Playmobil Figure Line

First teased nearly a year ago at Toy Fair, we now have information on the Funko/Playmobil line! This set of figures includes the first officially licensed Playmobil figures, and will start off with five licenses: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Doctor Who, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The figures are 6″ scale with articulated shoulders and wrists, some coming with accessories. Below is a list of figures, including the Entertainment Earth exclusive Black & White Raphael!

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

Dr. Raymond Stantz
Dr. Peter Venkman

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Shredder
Raphael (Black & White – EE Exclusive)

7 thoughts on “Funko Launches Playmobil Figure Line

• January 10, 2017 at 3:51 pm

In my Opinion, Funko shouldn’t have bothered with playmobile. I don’t see this line becoming popular at all. My bets are on it will be like Mymoji. Funko still makes em, but only a few want them. If you like these, that’s great. It’s just not my cup of tea.

• January 10, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Should’ve gone with a more…well…a company that isn’t a children’s thing. Don’t get me wrong, kids get Funko products, but most of Funko items are collectibles, except for their home and clothing items. I don’t know if there’s an adult out there that collects Playmobil, but if people do, then there’s at least one reason for this.

• January 10, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Playmobil actually has a reasonable collector audience, so it doesn’t surprise me too much that the two forces have joined. I do think it’s borderline esoteric, but certainly no more so than something like Golden Girls or Big Trouble in Little China.

• January 11, 2017 at 12:12 am

Great idea, Playmobil is a total success in Europe, but in that scale… Personally I prefer the original height.

• January 11, 2017 at 9:01 am

I think there is an audience out there for this . . . I picked up some from Wildcat Toys.
    I also agree on the height – I wish the scale was the original figure height rather than the adult collectible 6″ version.

• January 11, 2017 at 11:01 am

That top picture looks like they are all singing in a choir 🙂

• January 16, 2017 at 9:21 am