(UPDATE) The Next Hot Topic Mystery Pops Have Been Leaked

UPDATE: This batch of Mystery Pop! Vinyls will be available in stores and online at Hot Topic on Thursday 12th May with the chase being a metallic Madcap variant. Good luck!

Original post as follows:

It seems the next batch of Hot Topic Mystery Pop! Vinyls will start off where the last ones finished, completing the team of ‘Mercs for Money’. The mystery boxes will contain either Madcap, Slapstick, Stingray or a currently unknown ‘chase’ Pop! likely to be Masacre, the only other member of the team that’s left other than Deadpool himself. (With Foolkiller, Solo and Terror being part of the last Mystery Pop! event.)

The photos below surfaced online revealing the above line-up. The source of the images are currently unknown, but are likely from a Hot Topic employee (or employees) that purchased them early.

Screenshot_20160505-072907~2 Screenshot_20160504-190421~2

The rumoured release date is May 12th, but that has in no way been confirmed by Funko or Hot Topic, so we will update you when we know more.

It is also worth noting that the back of the box states ‘1/3 chance of each’ but given that there are four different figures in total, that doesn’t really add up. Hopefully Funko or Hot Topic can shed some light on the ratios when they are officially announced.

BlueberryYoghurt

40 thoughts on “(UPDATE) The Next Hot Topic Mystery Pops Have Been Leaked

• May 5, 2016 at 9:18 am

My Local HT just confirmed the 12th to be the release date!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Online or in store? US or Canada?

• May 8, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Sure wish my local HT would be helpful at all. They treat Funko collectors like trash and constantly are difficult to deal with.
      I’m at the point that I order all mine online and just pick them up in stores. Hate that HT gets so many awesome exclusives, but is chalk full of trendy metal kids…

• May 8, 2016 at 10:39 pm

At least you got a hot topic lol

• May 10, 2016 at 11:18 am

yea it will be may 12 but is it online may 12 or in store may 12

• May 5, 2016 at 9:41 am

The Hunt continues….

• May 5, 2016 at 10:06 am

This is my photos… i purchased these from my local HT. I dont work there either. Email me for proof… i have more photos if needed

• May 5, 2016 at 10:10 am

Thanks! I’ll shoot you a PM

• May 5, 2016 at 10:47 am

What’s the email? What location is your hot topic

• May 5, 2016 at 11:24 am

Any idea what the chase is then? Or do you have yet to find it?

• May 5, 2016 at 6:49 pm

so they have already been released?

• May 5, 2016 at 2:36 pm

I hope i’m lucky cause i don’t have a hot topic in my area and i have to travel hours to get to the nearest one in vegas witch last time the trip was for nothing cause they didn’t have them wish me luck!

• May 5, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Good luck!

• May 5, 2016 at 2:42 pm

The 1/3 can add up. This is because it is 1 out of every 3 boxes. So if you have 4 figures and 12 boxes, there would be 3 sets of figures available. So, in theory, you would get a particular figure every third box. Of course, the distribution is random so that isn’t what happens in practice.

• May 5, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Good that Funko did new molds this time around. Loving Stingray.

• May 6, 2016 at 9:36 am

Hopefully it (the Chase) will be a Pimp Suit Deadpool

• May 6, 2016 at 12:34 pm

The chase is a metallic Madcap, I have a picture if you need it.

• May 6, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Chasen is Metallic Madcap

• May 7, 2016 at 9:00 am

The chase is a metallic madcap

• May 7, 2016 at 9:14 am

The chase is metallic madcap

• May 8, 2016 at 10:39 am

Still no official word on release date. Stay tuned to Hot Topics channel on periscope though. Usually the best way to get release info.

• May 9, 2016 at 10:47 am

Check out the funko blog. They just announced imposter batman pops. Some pretty cool looking ones.

• May 9, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Chase, Please. NOW. lol

• May 10, 2016 at 4:40 pm

First time onliner here, what time will the pops go up? Pacific Standard time please.

• May 10, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Last time they did these you could buy them online at 12:30AM EST or for you I believe that’s 9:30PM PST

• May 10, 2016 at 6:35 pm

They will be out at 3 am PST (online)

• May 11, 2016 at 12:53 pm

I just called my Hot Topic today and they keep saying they have no idea about a mystery pop sale. Is this exclusive to only certain states?? Even with the last Mystery Pop! release they knew about it weeks in advance but so far this is not happening where I live…. 🙁

• May 11, 2016 at 1:03 pm

I don’t know if it’s the same as last time, but I think stores were told that they weren’t actually allowed to confirm it was happening on a specific day, so you may want to pay your store a visit tomorrow just in case

• May 11, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I called a store today and was told to call back later when another employee wasnt around. when i called back she confirmed everything, i told her ill see her in the morning. im under the impression these are supposed to be kind of a secret. but i do know ill be buiying a few of these boxes when they open tomorrow

• May 11, 2016 at 9:55 pm

It’s.the scumbag employees of hot topic. They are trying to save them for themselves. Called a few HT’s one was honest, the other “didn’t know” what I was talking about. They come out 5/12, any store that says otherwise is lying.

• May 12, 2016 at 11:20 am

I live in Columbus, OH and I just went to a local store with my buddy. I bought 10 and he bought 7 but NONE of them is madcap or “chase”. This is truly frustrating. However at this moment they are still available online at HT store so whoever wants them need to hurry up!

• May 12, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Just bought Six blind boxes and got all Stingray’s… Chance of 1/3 is BS. Was also told that all three boxes have different weights and that’s how you can tell. Figure the employees took all the madcap since it was the heaviest blind box. Got screwed again!

• May 12, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I got all 3 in 5 boxes lol guess i pick them good

• May 12, 2016 at 2:50 pm

The HT in CT I go to is pretty legit with the exclusives I mean I went in the morning around opening and there were a only few people there. All of the mystery’s were out on the glass counter rather then the self (Some HT’s may be different) but I felt the weight of the boxes (how you ask well you physically pick up the box and judge the weight, why does this need to be explained lol) and there is a major difference between the madcaps and slapstick/stingray’s. I bought 6 boxes and ended up with 6 madcaps, 2 of them being chase’s. I guess it depends who works I was lucky that the only employee that was working didn’t turn out to be a scumbag scalper who would hide all the madcaps.

• May 12, 2016 at 3:19 pm

The HT in Gainesville was letting a guy use a scale to weigh them before he bought them, so needless to say i bought 15, 1 chase, 7 yellow, and 8 oranges, no other mad caps. but atleast the 1 i got was a chase. just thought it was ridiculous for the guy to be using a scale in front of an employee and let it continue like that. so now i need a regular madcap to have the full set. these should be passed out straight from the shipping box so its far

• May 13, 2016 at 8:15 pm

i bought 9. got at least one of each, plus a chase 🙂

• May 13, 2016 at 8:16 pm

also yes it is by weight the madcaps are clearly the heaviest.

• May 14, 2016 at 9:35 am

ive got extra stingrays if anyone wants one. message me

• May 15, 2016 at 10:07 am

Two HT’s in my area were allowing multiple people to use scales and I bought 8 boxes and got 7 Slapstick and 1 Stingray. (Atlanta,GA) Outside of one HT there is a middle kiosk that sells Pops! for 2-4x the actual value and you can see the sticker on the bottom from Ht or Boxlunch. FYI he had 4 Madcap Chase’s. Complete BS.