First look at Pop Asia Street Fighter Pop Vinyls

The Street Fighter Pops are listed as Pop Asia which means they won’t be available in the United States with the exception of Toy Tokyo possibly and secondary market sellers on EBay. After hearing so many people say they’d love to see a Street Fighter Pop line the news of their release in such a specific market is a little bitter sweet. We caught glimpses of concept art for the line months ago but a few of those didn’t make it into production such as M. Bison,Sagat and Guile. Hopefully with enough collector interest they’ll consider expanding the line with more characters and availability. Street Fighter II: The World Warrior was huge in the US in 1991 thanks to the Arcade Machines and the home version for the Super Nintendo. It would be a shame if they never hit shelves in the US but hopefully those of you that are diehard Capcom fans will get a chance to grab your favorite Street Fighter Pops online. streetfighter-RYU1024x868-crop                                       streetfighter-KEN1024x868-crop                                            streetfighter-ChunLi1024x868-crop                                        streetfighter-BLANKA1024x868-crop                               streetfighter-DAN1024x868-crop                                            streetfighter-CAMMY1024x868-crop                                      Street_Fighter_POPScreen

Misti McClure

Lover of Vinyl from Toys to Tunes! Collector of Nostalgia,Books & Pop Culture goodies. Viewer of many Television Series,Doc's,Cartoons & Films. Intrigued by the Strange and Unusual.

18 thoughts on “First look at Pop Asia Street Fighter Pop Vinyls

• May 25, 2016 at 5:53 pm

If any further details show up I definitely want the cammy if any!!!!! Id like to get more but I see prices going higher than normal.

• May 25, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Unfortunately any time a line is only available in a certain area those that can get their hands on a few extra really do seem to stick it to collectors that don’t have any other options. I’m sure these will be way above retail once they realize collectors everywhere else will pay a lot to get them.

• May 25, 2016 at 6:20 pm

What is the Asia line? Would have thought this would be under Games.

• May 25, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Lol Look Lame.

• May 25, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Why are they not in Pop! Games?

• May 25, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Mindstyle produce Pops for Funko in certain territories, so it’s possible they hold the license for Street Fighter so they can’t be sold out of Asia as the license doesn’t permit it

• May 25, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I would really love to see these in the US! Street Fighter was definitely my favorite game while growing up!

• May 25, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Very dissappointed these may not be available in the States. Grew up playing the games and looked forward to these.

• May 26, 2016 at 12:49 am

Just give me a GITD Blanka

• May 26, 2016 at 12:51 am

I want an electrified Blanka exclusive 🙂

• May 26, 2016 at 9:28 am

I was waiting on an announcement so I could preorder. 🙁

• May 26, 2016 at 9:49 am

For all you SF fans in the U.S., I feel your pain. I live outside the U.S. so all those exclusive Pops sold through Toys R Us, Walgreens, Target, etc. are out of reasonable reach for me and all the other Funko fans in my situation. This, unfortunately, is just a fact of life that we Pop enthusiasts located outside the States have to deal with on a regular basis. So like you guys, I’m going to have to track down these Pops through sellers who have access to them.

• May 26, 2016 at 11:30 am

I feel ya. For some reason, the unspoken rule is that if you don’t live on either coast, you get nothing cool because everyone thinks we’re all farmers out here and therefore we can’t be into cool things. It kinda sucks. Also the Walgreens exclusives… I STILL haven’t seen a marvel shipment 2. I’d really like that green Goblin. Some dude in Florida posted a picture of an entire display full of Chase Goblins.

The Pop game is pretty unfair.

• May 26, 2016 at 11:26 am

Well that’s some Shadowloo induced bullshit. I really wanted these but I live in Midwestern America. Fuck me, right?

• May 26, 2016 at 2:33 pm

I don’t understand why they would be Pop Asia as I feel like Street Fighter is way more popular in the West. (I don’t hear about Evo style tournaments in Japan so I could be wrong.)

I think Capcom would be foolish not to try to release them here. Since Megaman is releasing here let’s hope.

• May 27, 2016 at 2:53 am

What makes this so much worse for the U.S. is that it’s looking to only be available from Toy Tokyo, and I, like a lot of collectors, absolutely REFUSE to give them one cent after all the shady and underhanded business moves they’ve been pulling. While it’s a bummer for the states and I want these all incredibly bad, we’ve been really fortunate with all the releases here. Hopefully these make it this way, but if not it looks like someone on EBay will make some money off me!

• May 27, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I will travel to the ends of the earth to acquire these

• May 27, 2016 at 11:29 pm