1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
Almost a year now;I started on April 20 2015.
2. What was your first Funko item?
The first Funko item I owned was the Loot Crate Joker-Batman Joker Pop! but at the time I had no clue what a Pop was. My first actual Funko buy since collecting was Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen.
3. How many Funko Collectibles do you own?
As of today 320,but I’m sure that will change very soon. lol
4. Do you have a favorite line or line you would like to see?
I love the Doctor Who and Games lines but I would really love if Funko could get a Nintendo License,it would be amazing to see Pokemon Pops.
5. What are your favorite Top 5 “Must Own” items in your collection?
Ahh it’s tough to choose just 5 but I guess the following are my Top 5: my Eleventh Doctor(Spacesuit),Twelfth Doctor(Spacesuit),Tenth Doctor(Spacesuit),Eleventh Doctor(Cyberman Head) and the Batman Vs Superman GITD 2-Pack. I bet you can tell why Doctor Who is my favorite line haha!
6. What is your best deal/favorite find story?
Not sure I have one really,I’ve only spent more than retail on Pops twice;once for Twelfth Doctor in a Spacesuit from a buddy for only $45 and the other time was for Chase Green Goblin for only $23 so I’d say those are some pretty great deals. 🙂
7. What line are you most excited about that is yet to be released?
Definitely the UFC Pop line;I can’t wait to get my hands on Ronda Rousey & Chris Weidman.
8. Do you complete sets with every variant or are you happy just to own certain Pops in a line?
If I like the series enough I’ll try my hardest to get every variant but I won’t if that means paying more than I’d like to. I have lots of Pops that are the only ones I own in a line simply because I really like the individual item.
9. Favorite Social Networking group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
Definitely Funko Collector Corps;it was my first group and has continued to be my absolute favorite!!
10. Do you collect any other types of collectibles?
Kinda,I collect coins and Pokemon Cards for the most part. I also used to collect Pokemon plush toys but I’ve since given them all to my younger sister since she collects all types of plush toys.
11. If you could design a line or add variants to an existing line what would you create?
Since I already mentioned that I’d love a Pokemon line,I’ll talk about what I would add to an existing line. I would love to add the Mythical Creatures to the Harry Potter line,a Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff Quidditch Pop to have all four houses,and last but certainly not least a Spectrespecs variant of Luna Lovegood.
12. Any advice for new collectors OR something you wish you would have known when you first started collecting? Words of Wisdom?
My advice for a new collector would be to collect what you love,don’t worry so much about value because the value fluctuates and it won’t always be high. I bought a few Pops simply because they were worth quite a bit initially but now they sit in my collection worthless and not appealing to me because they are not anything I would have liked myself.
What made you a Funko fan? We’d love to hear from you,share your story and give you a chance to show off your collection! If you would like to be featured in the Collector Showcase send us a message at email@example.com OR on Facebook at POP Price Guide and make sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and Fun with Funko on our Instagram @poppriceguide anytime!
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/