My name is Charlie, I am from Pasadena California, and I am a Pop Addict! I guess you can say I’m a nerd of many genres. I collect Pops, love 80’s pop culture, video games, and cosplay. My collection of pops currently consists of 367, and is growing on a weekly basis. I also enjoy going to comic conventions, and recently started doing cosplay. As a Latino, I felt that I had to do a twist on things, and took my favorite childhood game and made it into something funny and different, mashing up the classic Super Mario Bros and the cholo subculture, and created Super Mario Homies. This cosplay has been a hit at comic conventions, and now I had some pops made of our very own to resemble us. Cosplay is now as much of a hobby as collecting Pops. Going to cons has allowed me to grow my Pop collection as well, the conventions are full of common and hard to find figures, and I’ve found a few gems there. That’s me PPG and Happy Hunting!
1. How long have you been collecting Funko products?
I have been collecting Funko Pops since Christmas of 2014.
2. What was your first Funko item?
My first Pops were my Big Hero 6 set given to me as a Christmas gift from my hubby.
3. How many Funko collectibles do you own?
My current Funko Pop! count as of 2/22/16 is 349.
4. Do you have a favorite line or a line you would like to see?
I would love to see the Smurfs made into Pops!
5. What are the Top 5 “Must Own” items in your collection?
1)The Riddler 2)The Penguin 3)Red Ranger 4)Michael Jackson 5)La Muerte
6. What is your “best deal”/favorite find story?
The best deal I recently found was Dr. Egon from Ghostbuster’s on Amazon for $11.99 even though I have seen him go for $40+.
7. What line are you excited about that is yet to be released?
I am excited about the Pac Man Pop set that is coming out soon.
8. Do you complete set’s with every variant or are you happy to just own certain Pop’s in a line?
Usually I am Okay completing the sets with just the normal Pops but certain line’s such as DC & Hanna Barbera I look for any variants I can find.
9. Favorite Social Networking Group for News,Buying,Trading or Selling?
I currently belong to 8 Funko Pops social groups on Facebook: Funko Fans Buy/Sell/Trade/Talk,Poppin’ Off about Funko,Funko POP Vinyl Trading Group,The FUNKO Initiative,The Funko Posse,The Super Exciting Best Funko Pop Group,Funko Pop! Vinyl Collectors Club and Funko Unboxed Buy/Sell/Trade.
10. Do you collect any other types of collectibles?
Nope. Only Funko Pops for me.
11. If you could design a line or add variants to an existing line what would you create?
Oh man,this is a tough question! There are so many lines I would love to create. I love anything 80’s so I would create Smurfs,Super Mario Bros.,King Kong,Zelda,Punky Brewster,PeeWee Herman,The Lost Boys,The Jetsons and Dennis the Menace just to name a few. LOL *great answer by the way!
12. Any advice for new collectors OR something you wish you would have known when you first started collecting? Words of wisdom?
My advice for Pop collectors is HAVE FUN and BE PATIENT! Many times people get caught up on getting new releases and end up paying more for something because of the excitement. But if you wait a bit more will be released soon. I collect Pops because I enjoy photographing them whether it be in the outdoors or using Photoshop. I have taken my Pops to Vegas,Disneyland and out to the mountains in search of that perfect shot! As an Out Of Box Collector I never intend to sell my Pops therefore I let them be free and truly appreciate the details in the craftsmanship.
If you would like to be featured in the Collector Showcase send us a message at email@example.com OR on Facebook at POP Price Guide and make sure to mention the “Collector Showcase”. Show us your Pop pics and Fun with Funko on our Instagram @poppriceguide anytime!
Collector Showcase Pop Photo Courtesy of Yukiko @ http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/